Game Summaries & Headlines.
Boys Junior HS Baseball vs. OPEN
- Seton Conquistadors Decisively Defeat The GMBL Babe Ruth Athletics By Nine Runs (14-5)
- The Seton Conquistadors won big over the GMBL Babe Ruth Athletics 14-5 on Saturday. In the first inning, The Conquistadors got their offense started when James Spicer drew a walk and then scored later that inning. Undeterred, the Athletics knotted the game up at one in the bottom of the first inning.
- Seton pulled away for good with two runs in the second inning on walks followed by scores from Liam Halisky and Luke “Woody” Wood. The Conquistadors then tallied four more runs in the fourth inning behind the big bats of Robbie Gasser, Pat Gross, and James Spicer.
- Gross pitched The Conquistadors to victory. The righthander lasted four innings, allowing one hit and two runs while striking out seven. Spicer threw one and two-thirds innings in relief out of the bullpen.
- Seton collected seven hits on the day led by Spicer with two of his own. Gross led the team with three stolen bases, as they ran wild on the base paths with 13 stolen bases.
- Go Seton!